The Brain In Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life
by Dr. Daniel G. Amen
Formerly titled: Sex on the Brain
What is the most important sex organ in the human body? The brain! And in this case, size does matter: A healthy brain increases your chances for intimacy and great sex. Daniel G. Amen, M.D., the bestselling author of Change Your Brain, Change Your Life and Magnificent Mind At Any Age, helps us understand our most intimate relationships with The Brain In Love: 12 Lessons to Enhance Your Love Life (Harmony Books; 2009).
With the most up-to-date information available, Dr. Daniel Amen reveals everything there is to know about the brain in love and lust, including:
- How sex can prevent heart disease, improve memory, stave off cancer, and boost the immune system
- Advice for men and women on how to successfully navigate the differences between the male and female brains
- How the chemistry of attraction, attachment, commitment, and detachment influences ”brain-smart” or “brain dumb” relationships
- Techniques to fix common brain problems that hinder our sexual satisfaction
- How to make ourselves unforgettable to our partners
- Behaviors that help the brain and increase your chances for more passion
An internationally recognized expert on the brain (he is a psychiatrist and neuroscientist by training), Amen outlines in an accessible and clear format exactly how the average person can enhance his or her love life, based on 12 lessons gleaned from modern brain science.
What sets Dr. Amen’s research apart is that his findings are based on the pioneering use of advance medical imaging to see exactly how his patients’ brains are functioning—or malfunctioning. Dr. Amen’s treatments for his patients are as varied as can be, and include everything from vitamin therapy to relaxation exercises to surgery, but instead of guessing what will help a patient’s problem, he bases his diagnosis and treatment plan on a careful comparison of thousands of brain scans. He is generally acknowledged as the leader in this emerging technology. With over 50,000 images, the Amen Clinic has amassed the largest collection of brain scans in the country.
The Brain In Love will prove to be an important contribution in helping Americans achieve optimum satisfaction in their sex lives.