ADD or ADHD is a national health crisis that continues to grow—yet it remains one of the most misunderstood and incorrectly treated illnesses today. Kids and adults are put on powerful stimulant medications in short office visits without any biological information, and the stories of these medications hurting children and adults are common and persistent.
In this national public television program, psychiatrist Daniel Amen and his wife nurse Tana Amen take a completely new look at ADD and explain 7 unique types based on the extensive brain imaging work of the Amen Clinics on tens of thousands of ADD patients. Treating all people with ADD the same invites failure and frustration and can be a disaster, as the traditional treatments that make two of the types better can make the other 5 types worse.
The show will be divided into three parts. In Part One, the myths and misconceptions about ADD will be discussed as well as the hallmark ADD symptoms. In Part Two, the 7 different types of ADD will be described in detail. And, in Part Three Dr. and Mrs. Amen will give you a clear method for Healing ADD, including the best natural treatments. They are not opposed to medication, but think it’s smart to start with lifestyle and natural treatments first.
The Bonus DVD contains a question and answer session with the audience. Dr. and Mrs. Amen answer 20 questions on ADD, including it’s impact on families, school, work, along with the best natural and medicinal treatments.
- What medications are commonly prescribed for ADD?
- Is it possible to have a combination of all 7 types of ADD?
- How can I get my brain scanned?
- My pre-teen daughter has ADD, and she doesn't want to participate in any treatment efforts. What can I do?
- Should I replace sugar with artificial sweeteners?
- How do you diagnose ADD types when other disorders commonly go along with ADD?
- How can schools better support children and parents in being healthy?
- Is ADD affected by a woman's monthly cycle or menopause?
- How can you tell the difference between Anxious ADD (Type 3) and an anxiety disorder without ADD?
- I was never diagnosed with ADD as a child, but now I recognize some of the symptoms you described. How can I know if I have ADD?
- How can I get my kids to eat healthier?
- Is it really possible to heal ADD?
- I'd like to have my family try an elimination diet, but don't know if I can survive without dairy. What do you suggest?
- What nutritional supplements can help heal ADD?
- My bipolar daughter seems to be doing better while she's pregnant and off all medication. What should I watch for once the baby is born?
- What are your thoughts on neurofeedback?
- My husband has ADD and a seizure disorder from head trauma. What supplements would be helpful?
- My son with ADD loves his video games. I know that's not good for him, and try to limit his time playing. What do you think is a safe amount?
- How does Provigil compare to other stimulants? Does it work well for ADD?
- Can exposure to chemicals like pesticides cause ADD? Do any supplements help with toxic exposure?
Total running time is 79:10.