Become A Brain Health Certified Coach
This professional online certification course provides you with the videos and tools Dr. Amen uses to teach the medical staff and therapists at Amen Clinics. The Amen Clinics Brain Health Coaching Certification Course offers you the option to earn 50 CE/CME credits for participating in this program. It contains over 40 hours of in-depth training directly from Dr. Amen about neurobiology, practical neuroscience, and how to perform, read, and apply brain SPECT imaging in your practice. You also have access to an online suite of clinical tools and resources including over 180 pages of intake and assessment tools, and our Images of Human Behavior brain SPECT Atlas which features over 300 brain SPECT images and 26 pages of detailed scientific references.
Bonus Course Materials Include:
- Change Your Hormones, Change Your Brain Audio Download (nearly 2 hours)
- Unchain Your Brain Audio Course (9 hours)
- Natural Ways to Health the Brain Audio (nearly 2 hours)
- Creating a Brain-Healthy Treatment Plan (over 80 pages)
- Discounts on clinical evaluations, including SPECT
- Free 1 year membership to Brain Fit Life
- Download Full CE/CME Details Here
- Download Course Agenda Here
Course fee includes CE/CMEs if you choose to obtain them.
*Technical requirements needed to complete course: Internet connection, latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
*Intermediate level course: This course is recommended to individuals with a year or more experience in the relevant field of practice.
THE PRINICPAL FACULTY
Daniel G. Amen, M.D., is a child and adult psychiatrist, brain imaging specialist, and the medical director of Amen Clinics, Inc. with offices in Newport Beach and Fairfield, CA, Tacoma, WA, Reston, VA, Atlanta, GA, and New York, NY. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. Dr. Amen is a nationally recognized expert in neuropsychiatry, and has pioneered the use of brain imaging in clinical psychiatric practice. Dr. Amen did his general psychiatric training at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC and his child and adolescent psychiatry training at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. He has won writing and research awards from the American Psychiatric Association, the US Army and the Baltimore‐DC Institute for Psychoanalysis. Dr. Amen has been published around the world. He is the author of numerous professional and popular articles, 19 books and a number of audio and video programs. His books include Change Your Brain, Change Your Life, which has been on the New York Times bestseller list, translated into 12 languages, Healing ADD, Healing The Hardware of the Soul, and the forthcoming Making A Good Brain Great. You can read Dr. Amen’s column, “Head Check”, every month in Men’s Health Magazine.
Behavioral Learning Objectives:
- Specify the 9 Principles to Change Your Brain and Life
- Identify Brain-Behavior Systems: Functions, Problems, Solutions
- Analyze Subtypes of ADD, Anxiety, Depression, Obesity and Aggression
- Apply Neuroimaging: How Looking at the Brain Changes Everything
- Describe how to construct Amen Clinics Method/Healing in 4 Circles
- List Brain-Directed Supplements
- Solve Boosting Brain Reserve
- Discuss Physical Exercise
- Explain Nutrition/Gut-Brain Connections
- Examine Science of Self-Control
- Demonstrate Killing the ANTs and Directing Thoughts
- Describe how to employ Innovative Treatments
- Discuss the importance of decreasing the Risk for Brain Aging, Alzheimer’s and Other -Forms of Dementia
- Create Brain-Healthy Communities
- Demonstrate how to Coach Others to Brain Health
- Identify addictive behaviors as brain based disorders
- Classify the 6 addiction based brain subtypes
- Analyze treatment protocols specific to the 6 addiction based brain subtypes
- Demonstrate how to implement a brain healthy addiction treatment protocol into your practice or treatment facility
- Explore practical information about the complexities of hormones and their influence on your health and relationships.
For accommodations for people with disabilities, please contact Chris Walthall, Brain Health Coaching Certification Course Manager, at 949-266-3791
To file any grievances or if you have any questions, please contact Chris Walthall, Brain Health Coaching Certification Course Manager, at 949-266-3791