This test is designed to detect the presence of Barium in a person’s blood.
Barium, a metallic element, can be found in:
- filler for rubber, plastics, and resins
- rat poison
- groundwater contamination
- signal flares or fireworks
- some technology such as smartphones, computers, or TVs
- environmental contamination
Toxic metals, such as Barium, can cause damage to the body and contributes to many different health conditions.
Signs and symptoms of exposure:
- muscle weakness
- low blood potassium
- respiratory failure
- difficulty breathing
- abdominal pain